Saturday, August 9, 2014

Chandelier

I wanted nothing to do with this thing.
I thought about just replacing it but I got some really great ideas from houzz.com. Also chandeliers are super expensive and tougher than my last light fixture to replace.

So first I painted it.
Yep. I left it right up there to paint.

I got this paint and it seemed to go on really well.

Painting and taking those horrible glass shades off really helped but I had my heart set on a shade to cover the thing.

I got an idea from decoist and the metal sheet light, to cover my chandelier.

Obviously my chandelier is bigger so I needed a bigger sheet. I found a bigger one that I knew I would have to cut, but that's easy with some tin snips.

I used the wire that often comes in picture hanging packs to "sew" the pieces together and make a cylinder.
This is the inside so you won't be able to see the places (like this one) where I had to add in more wire.
 After that is added some !ayerial that was magically almost the perfect size to make it more "shade like".
This was just the piece of fabric I needed.
I hung it with this nice stuff.
It turned out like this.
I think it might be a bit big...we'll see once the room is furnished with furniture instead of junk.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of like it without the shade, very modern looking!

    ReplyDelete